Member Only Tax Seminar
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 11:30 to 13:00
- ATB Entrepreneur Centre
On behalf of SEBA I would like to invite you to a free tax seminar.
One ticket will be issued per membership.
Date: Wednesday, October 18th
Time: 11:30 - 1:00pm
Location: ATB Entrepreneur Centre - 4234 Calgary Trail NW
Space is limited for this event. Registration will be on a first come first serve basis. Register early to avoid disappointment.
Do you understand what the July 18, 2017 private corporation tax changes mean for you?
Join Sarah Klingbeil and Adam Cook from KPMG as they discuss the release of the federal tax changes made on July 18, 2017 that will have a dramatic effect on the taxation of private corporations and their shareholders.
The 2017 proposed tax changes will impact virtually every private company in Canada. There are time sensitive planning opportunities that may be available to mitigate the impact of these changes. This session is geared towards private corporations, their shareholders, and any of their advisers. It is important that individuals potentially affected by these proposals become aware of the possible consequences and learn what their next steps should be.
Topics that will be covered in the information session are:
- Proposed taxation changes to income splitting and capital gains deduction rules;
- Proposed taxation changes to the accumulation of passive assets/income in a private corporation;
- Proposed taxation changes to the conversion of otherwise taxable dividends to capital gains;
- What should you do as a result of these proposals?